I’m a big fan of anything that’s simple with regards to food. I started with rotini pasta (boil until not crispy), added two things I really like (tomatoes and spinach), and then a little garlic salt.
Here’s what I got
A few things to keep in mind about this dish:
1) colorful – color goes a long way towards determining how appetizing a dish is. i know this sounds insane but it’s true
2) different textures – soft tomatoes (stewed canned), slightly chewy spinach, and pasta. I feel like this dish could use something else frankly (maybe a crunch?) but I haven’t decided what yet.
Here’s the brief recipe
1 large can of stewed tomatoes
3 cups of rotini
2 cups of spinach (frozen)
garlic salt to taste
1. put rotini into pot of boiling water – easiest way to tell this is done is to use a fork to spear one piece of pasta. if it’s soft and not chewy, it’s ready
2. put spinach in a microwave safe bowl with a small amount of water, cook in microwave for 2 mins.
3. add tomatoes to bowl of spinach, heat for 1 minute in microwave.
4. drain water from rotini. add rotini and spinach/tomato mixture to large mixing bowl. sprinkle garlic salt on top (this stuff is strong, don’t be shy but don’t go crazy). STIR.
Again, I added the tomatoes and spinach because I like tomatoes and spinach. Add stuff that you like to this simple dish and I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
This also makes PLENTY of leftovers and is easily reheated and served again. If you’re cooking it for a lady friend, add some garlic bread or a salad to make it more impressive.